Annie Richardson is a dedicated wife, mother, grandmother, and three beautiful great granddaughters. She loves her family and believes children’s needs precede parental relationships. Her years of personal experience working with her own family and clinical families, has awarded her a rich resource for helping clinical parents and children with conflicts in parenting, marriage, and divorce.
Mrs. Richardson’s educational career expands over 30 years of service during which time she earned a Bachelor Degree in Social Work, and a Master Degree in Education Counseling. Prior to earning her degrees, she was awarded a Charge Nursing Certificate from a Nursing Program.
Mrs. Richardson is the Co-Parenting facilitator for the Children In Between classes at Breakthrough Counseling Education Center, Inc. This is a 4 hour class for separating or divorced parents. (See services: Children In Between for more information)
Her education and training equipped her with the skills necessary to provide a broad range of services working with children, parents, families, schools, hospitals, and communities.
Her extensive background of experience included a variety of settings; Breakthrough Counseling Education Center, therapeutic groups, classes, and workshops teaching social skills and self esteem for children, marriage, divorce, and co parenting. Elementary School Social Worker; Elementary School Counselor; Foster Care Case Manager, Instructor for Therapeutic Foster Care Training for Foster Parents; and Hospital Nursing.
Mrs. Richardson is truly a motivated professional that demonstrates excellence in leadership, care, and service to others. Her passion for children influenced her to develop the Guidance Awareness Program (GAP), a self esteem program for children to teach and empower social skills in children.
Education and Recognitions:
- Bachelor Degree (B.S.W.) in Social Work, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Graduate Degree (M.S.) in Education: Counseling, New York University, Brockport, NY
- Graduate Degree (M.S.W.) in Social Work, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Author of the: Guidance Awareness Program (GAP): Self Esteem Program for children
- Recipient of the: “Parent School Volunteer of the Year Award” for O.C.P.S.
- National Parkinson Foundation Program implementer at Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL